Monday, April 4, 2011

21 Konstructions


On My Kitchen Wall - a Critique

The agreement was once the company expanded I would vacate my studio space at work.  That happened in March.  The losses were threefold:  momentum, wall space, and a contained area to merrily carve.  The solutions were as follows:  

Momentum has been redirected toward a new medium, watercolour, because it's quiet, clean and portable.  These pieces have inspired a new interpretation of the '21' series that I consider to be 'essences' rather than literal translations.


Wall space has been found in my cluttered little condo as evidenced with the opening image of the six drawings now hanging in my kitchen.

And, finally, I've created a carving area in my storage room.  I have only four matrices to go.  Though this may not sound like much they are the most complex of the images so it will take a few months to complete.

In closing, here is the latest drawing.  My intention was to go muted and earthy in these.  Well, what can I say?  When I have turquoise and neon green I can't help myself.  Plus, it's spring.  Who can be muted in springtime?
 

1 comment: