Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Plane Tree Painting and A Pilgrimage

 
Winter (Detail)
I have been obsessed with bark, plane tree bark specifically, since visiting my son in Melbourne two years ago.  For the Alberta Society of Artists "Forest Show" I submitted the following 12" x 36" multi-media painting:

Winter

  
PILGRIMAGE

Though I missed the possiblility of meeting Ursula von Rydingsvard at her opening in October I made an impulsive, spontaneous decision to book a trip to see her show - in New York City!!  Arrangements have been made with Dieu Donné for the highlight of the trip, a tour of the papermill and to see Deckle Deckle (von Rydingsvard's show).  The intinerary will also include MOMA (Museum of Modern Art), Brooklyn Museum, the Whitneythe Met, etc. 











No comments:

Post a Comment